BBC World Service – 188 million weekly listeners, broadcasting in 32 languages as of 2009. A State of Trance with Armin van Buuren has an estimated 40 million listeners across 84 countries. American Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest has an estimated 20 million listeners worldwide.
What are the most popular American radio stations?
On the plus side, it’s easy to see what the most popular American radio station programs are just by looking at the number of weekly listeners: The Rush Limbaugh Show: 15.5 million listeners. The Sean Hannity Show: 15 million listeners. Marketplace Financial News: 14.8 million listeners. All Things Considered: 14.7 million listeners.
Which radio network was most popular in the 1930s?
During this era, nearly all of radio’s most popular programs were broadcast on one of three networks: NBC Red, NBC Blue, or CBS ’ Columbia network. The top-rated radio programs on American radio from each season: At his peak in the late 1930s, commentator Charles Coughlin was renowned for his large and passionate listener base.
Which Australian radio station has the most Australian music?
The house rule is that 40% of the content is Australian, half of that South Australian. Canberra’s 2XX FM 98.3, launched in 1976, is one of a kind, playing lots of Aussie music, from folk to metal, and mixing this up with good shows on indigenous music and culture, LGBTIQ topics, mental health and a huge range of ethnic programmes.
How popular is radio in South Africa?
Radio is, by far, one of South Africa’s most popular media. In 2021, around 23 million people, on average, reported listening to their favorite radio station every day. The vast majority of them prefer to relax and listen to the radio from home (80%). On the other hand, around 20% of South Africans stated they prefer to listen to their car radio.
What is the number of Radio 1?
Phone: If a DJ asks for callers or we are running competitions we usually use the number 03700 100 100 (standard geographic charges apply). At other times, sending a text or email is the best idea as the phone line is not always manned and your call is unlikely to be answered.
How many people listen to Radio 1?
According to RAJAR, the station broadcasts to a weekly audience of 7.7 million with a listening share of 4.8% as of September 2023. Radio 1 was established in 1967 (along with the more middle-of-the-road BBC Radio 2) as a successor to the BBC Light Programme, which had broadcast popular music and other entertainment since 1945.
What is BBC Radio 1?
BBC Radio 1 is a British national radio station owned and operated by the BBC. It specialises in modern popular music and current chart hits throughout the day.
What type of music does Radio 1 play?
It specialises in modern popular music and current chart hits throughout the day. Radio 1 provides alternative genres at night, including electronica, dance, hip hop and indie. It was launched in 1967 to meet the demand for pop music generated by offshore pirate radio stations.
Where can I listen to Radio 1 in the UK?
FM radio – Radio 1 is between 97-99 FM in the UK. Digital TV – Freeview channel 700; Freesat channel 696; Sky TV (UK) channel 0101; Virgin Media channel 901; TalkTalk TV channel 600; UPC Ireland channel 907. Online – For all support listening online, please use BBC Sounds help.